April 7, 2011

I love to bake

It all started with my daughters 9th birthday. No, that's not really true because I bake since I  was a teenager but back in Germany we have quite an other style to do so. Most of the time we bake with fruits or with yeast dough and no, I mean no bread in this case.

But back to the story I was just about to tell you. Almost six years ago we moved to the US because my hubby got a job here. My daughter and I came without knowing any English (and I still struggle with this language) and we had a hart time to adjust to a new life in a foreign country. To make her birthday - far away from all the family we have - special, I created this Birthday Cake for her and with this cake I became more and more interested in baking and decorating cakes.


Love Jeannette

No comments:

Post a Comment